Inspired by our belief that anyone can learn anything and powered by our own curiosity, we build the smartest tools we can imagine to help students learn.
Quizlet is the popular, global learning platform and app that millions of students, teachers and everyday people use to study any subject imaginable for school, work or as part of their personal interests - including two-thirds of high school students and half of all college students in the US. Combining cognitive science and machine learning, Quizlet guides students through adaptive study activities to confidently reach their learning goals. We’re on track to become the undisputed leader in user-generated learning content and engagement, at the scale of YouTube.
Valued at $1 billion, Quizlet has raised over $60 million in venture capital from investors including Icon Ventures, Union Square Ventures, General Atlantic, Costanoa Ventures, Owl Ventures, and Altos Ventures.
To serve our global community of learners, our teams tackle lofty technical challenges and design for use cases across cultures and languages. We work hard, act like owners, and collaborate every chance we get. We’re energized by the potential to power more learners through multiple approaches and various tools.
About the Team:
You will be a part of the AI Exploration team at Quizlet. This team is focused on helping students practice and master whatever they are trying to learn by leveraging generative AI to better serve their learning needs. This team is focused on exploring new areas of product opportunity made possible by generative AI.
About the Role:
We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager who can help shape the product vision and roadmap for advanced AI-powered products that help students learn. You will partner closely with other teams at Quizlet and will operate in a fast-learning, iterative, exploratory environment to identify new areas of opportunity.
This is a hybrid role. While you are currently permitted to work remotely in the San Francisco Bay Area, you must remain able to work in the office as business needs dictate and as identified by your manager.
In this role, you will:
- Develop and articulate a bold product strategy for the AI Exploration team that ensures Quizlet can take advantage of the fast-changing AI advancements to better serve our students
- Conduct comprehensive research on generative AI technologies and stay up-to-date with the latest advancements, trends, and applications
- Analyze the potential impact of generative AI on students and teachers, identifying opportunities to enhance their educational experience
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including Machine Learning, Design, and Engineering, to define product requirements, prioritize features, and deliver high-quality products that meet user needs and drive business objectives
- Be a thought leader and advocate for the role of generative AI in the overall Quizlet product roadmap
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ years of PM experience in large-scale consumer products
- Experience with generative AI technologies such as GPT, VAE, TensorFlow (talk to ML about particular technologies)
- Experience identifying new-to-world features and delivering quantifiable results
- Comfortable working on a cross-functional team in a fast-paced startup environment with imperfect information and limited resources
- Excited about bringing the magic of Quizlet to 1.4 billion students across the world, improving learning through low-cost online study tools
- A desire to be involved in every step of the product development process, from deeply understanding students & teachers, analyzing metrics, and building a roadmap, to working with engineers, designers, and other product managers to revolutionize the learning experience for our users around the world
- Ability to deliver projects end-to-end, from concept to production and beyond
Bonus points if you have:
- Background in artificial intelligence / machine learning
Compensation, Benefits & Perks:
- Quizlet is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Salary transparency helps to mitigate unfair hiring practices when it comes to discrimination and pay gaps. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a starting base salary of $180,000 - $230,000, depending on location and experience, as well as company stock options
- Collaborate with your manager and team to create a healthy work-life balance
- 20 vacation days (and we expect you to take them!)
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance (100% employee and 75% dependent PPO, HMO, VSP Choice)
- Employer-sponsored 401k plan with company match
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other resources to support professional growth
- Paid Family Leave, FSA, HSA, Commuter benefits, Wellness benefits
- 40 hours of annual paid time off to participate in volunteer programs of choice
We strive to make everyone feel comfortable and welcome!
We work to create a holistic interview process, where both Quizlet and candidates have an opportunity to view what it would be like to work together, in exploring a mutually beneficial partnership.
We provide a transparent setting, that gives a comprehensive view of who we are!
We hope you are excited about everything you read so far. We highly encourage you to apply for this position, even if you feel you do not meet all the requirements. Quizlet is always looking for amazing folks that believe in our mission and can contribute to our team in various ways - not merely candidates that fit a certain mold.
We have a bias for action, take initiative, and take pride in delivering results. We make informed decisions whenever possible but are unafraid to take calculated risks on great ideas to promote learning. We embrace challenges and see effort as the path to mastery. We’re constantly seeking opportunities to learn and we embrace curiosity. Quality matters at Quizlet, and we hold the bar high on everything we do.
We treat each other with honesty and respect, encourage vigorous debate, and seek critical feedback. We value diversity, humility, transparency, and collaboration as the best paths to our success — as individuals, as a team, and as a company.
Quizlet’s success as an online learning community depends on a strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are actively working to build a team that is representative of the diverse communities we serve, and an open, inclusive work environment where all employees can thrive. As an equal opportunity employer and a tech company committed to societal change, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Come join us!
To All Recruiters and Placement Agencies:
At this time Quizlet does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and/or profiles.
Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Quizlet employee. Quizlet will not pay fees to any third-party agency or firm nor will it be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. All unsolicited resumes received will be considered the property of Quizlet.