Join us for a 12-week AI Development and Product Management Internship where you'll utilize AI tools like ChatGPT, Prompt Engineering, and AI model testing!
Gain hands-on experience in software development, project organization, proof-of-concept development, and enhancing product development processes. Collaborate with cross-functional teams, contribute to prompt engineering and security strategies, and explore AI-driven product development. Ideal for students pursuing computer science or AI-related majors. Don't miss this opportunity to work with passionate and innovative professionals in a corporate enterprise setting.
In this internship you would…
- Explore recommending AI models and parameters based on user prompts.
- Collaborate with the team to organize project goals and deliverables.
- Develop proofs-of-concept (POC's) using AI tools to explore innovative ideas.
- Participate in technical design activities and create model designs using AI tools
- Contribute to the creation of architecture diagrams using ChatGPT
- Assist in cloud deployment and produce deployment artifacts.
- Create utilities to enhance product development processes.
- Document tool integration and process improvements.
- Utilize developer tooling using such tools as Github Copilot to streamline coding processes.
- Assist with prompt engineering and testing/evaluation of prompts.
- Implement a conversation persistence system with relevant metadata.
- Work on security and IP strategies to protect company assets.
- Collaborate with team members on HR Innovation project tooling.
- Contribute to product development, including requirements gathering and design.
- Contribute to system reliability and performance improvements utilizing AI tools, Prompt Engineering and ChatGPT
- Perform AI analysis and assist with debugging code, providing code review assistant using AI tools
Requirements for the role include:
- Currently pursuing a degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field.
- Strong interest and knowledge in AI development, software engineering, and product management.
- Familiarity with coding assistants like Github Copilot and version control systems like Git.
- Basic understanding of prompt engineering and conversational AI technologies.
- Knowledge of security and IP protection measures in the context of AI applications.
- Proficiency in documenting processes and creating clear, concise technical documentation.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and collaboration abilities, both within a team and with stakeholders.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Familiarity with cloud platforms like AWS and experience with cloud deployment methodologies is a plus.
- Prior experience in product management, UX/UI design, or software development is a bonus.
What’s in it for you:
- Exposure to a corporate enterprise IT environment and to the world of using AI for software product development
We’re proud of the work we do, because our work matters. An innovation leader in every industry we serve, we follow our Purpose and Guiding Principles to help pet owners worldwide keep their companion animals healthy and happy, to ensure safe drinking water for billions, and to help farmers protect livestock and poultry from diseases. We have customers in over 175 countries and a global workforce of over 10,000 talented people.
So, what does that mean for you? We enrich the livelihoods of our employees with a positive and respectful work culture that embraces challenges and encourages learning and discovery. At IDEXX, you will be supported by competitive compensation, incentives, and benefits while enjoying purposeful work that drives improvement.
Let’s pursue what matters together.
IDEXX values a diverse workforce and workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
IDEXX is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws.