Given the increased focus on large-language models, prompt engineering, and generative AI, we are looking for a Senior Generative AI engineer to join our Advanced AI and Insights team. You will be working in our new GSK HQ, London (https://www.gsk.com/en-gb/media/press-releases/gsk-announces-new-global-headquarters-in-central-london/).
We are looking for a large language model specialist, or AI prompt engineer, to join our team of experts in artificial intelligence. As a large language model engineer, you will be responsible for developing, testing, and deploying state-of-the-art language models that can generate high-quality text for various domains and tasks. You will also collaborate with other data engineers, ml engineers, and researchers to optimize the performance, scalability, and robustness of our language models. You should have a strong background in machine learning, deep learning, natural language processing, and software engineering. You should also have experience working with large-scale language models such as GPT-3/4, BERT, Dolly, LLaMA, Bard, etc. Our use-cases for LLMs are broad: chat, vision, time-series, and multi-model based. We also expect the candidate to act as our prompt engineer, helping end users create prompts that utilize the LLMs optimal. You will be responsible for designing, developing, testing, and deploying prompts that elicit natural. You will also collaborate with other engineers, designers, and validation teams to ensure the quality and usability of our prompts.
Given that the field of prompt engineering and applied LLMs is arguably less than 2 years old, as a result, we ask that you share with us a specific prompt engineering or LLM projects or Generative AI or Bert projects you’re proud of in your application! Ideally this project should show off a complex and clever prompting architecture or generative data scenarios or a systematic evaluation of an LLM’s behavior or a multi-modal LLM system.
We expect the candidate to create business facing experiences that show-case the value LLMs can bring to GSK and pharma in general. Overall, we expect the candidate to drive:
- Developing our Generative AI roadmap and managing our solution space
- Ensure the right level of complexity of LLMs is picked for use-cases (e.g., Dolly vs GPT4).
- Educate technical and business leaders on the use of Generative AI.
- Co-create with the business appropriate use-cases that will benefit from Generative AI.
- Create technical standards and blueprint for Generative AI scenarios.
- Strong software development standards using Devops/MLops.
Business process areas in scope:
- Supply chain
- Identify critical business problems that could be solved using Generative AI
- Define strategy for Generative AI and how to apply it
- Lead discussions at peer review and uses quantitative skills to positively influence decision making.
- Identify opportunities to apply the latest advancements in Large Language Models (LLMs)
- Prompt engineer the right prompts to optimize LLMs functioning.
- Quickly prototype scenarios from LLMs till UX for user testing purposes
- Work with our cross-functional team (data scientists, data engineers and research scientists) to define and deliver features in an iterative manner.
- Lead internal and external developers to deliver on the Generative AI roadmap.
- Develop and embed automated processes for predictive model validation, deployment, and implementation
- Influence the AI/ML stack like Feature Stores, Model Stores, and automated MLops to create most value out of LLMs.
- Connect and collaborate with subject matter experts in -different business areas.
- Make impactful contributions to internal discussions on emerging machine learning methodologies.
- Educate the organization both from IT and the business perspectives on Generative AI
Demonstrate a combination of business focus, strong analytical and problem-solving skills and programming knowledge to be able to quickly cycle hypothesis through the discovery phase of the project and excellent written and communications skills to report back the findings in a clear, structured manner.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- A higher degree (PhD preferred) in Engineering, Statistics, Data Science, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Bioinformatics or related quantitative field
- Hands-on experience with LLMs fine-tuning and/or training.
- Hands-on experience with Bert, Bard, ChatGPT, LLaMA, Dolly, etc
- Good experience in any at least 2 of the AI domains: NLP, NLG, Computer Vision, etc.
- Experience in machine learning and software engineering best practices with advanced skills in Python and Cloud
- Experience writing and presenting papers, documentation, and presentations to explain (research) findings
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose – to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together – so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns – as an organisation where people can thrive.
Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to impact the health of 2.5 billion people around the world in the next 10 years. Our R&D focus is to deliver a new generation of vaccines and medicines using the science of the immune system, human genetics and advanced technologies to get ahead of infectious diseases, HIV, cancer and other immune-mediated and respiratory diseases. We do all this with a commitment to operate responsibly for all our stakeholders by prioritising Innovation, Performance and Trust.
Our bold ambitions for patients are reflected in new commitments to growth and a significant step-change in delivery over the next five years. This means more GSK vaccines and medicines, including innovative new products, will reach more people who need them than ever before.
We have long believed that building trust is key to stronger performance, helping to create value for shareholders, impact for patients and society and a reason outstanding people choose to work for and with us. That’s why being a responsible business is an integral part of our strategy. Taking action on environmental, social and governance issues is a key driver in our strategy.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it’s also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a place where people feel inspired, encouraged and challenged to be the best they can be. A place where they can be themselves – feeling welcome, valued and included. Where they can keep growing and look after their wellbeing. So, if you share our ambition, join us at this exciting moment in our journey to get Ahead Together.
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose – to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together – so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns – as an organisation where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to positively impact the health of 2.5 billion people by the end of 2030.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it’s also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a workplace where everyone can feel a sense of belonging and thrive as set out in our Equal and Inclusive Treatment of Employees policy. We’re committed to being more proactive at all levels so that our workforce reflects the communities we work and hire in, and our GSK leadership reflects our GSK workforce.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to neurodiversity, race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Should you require any adjustments to our process to assist you in demonstrating your strengths and capabilities contact us on [email protected] or 0808 234 4391. Please note should your enquiry not relate to adjustments, we will not be able to support you through these channels
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.