Mapbox is the leading real-time location platform for a new generation of location-aware businesses. Mapbox is the only platform that equips organizations with the full set of tools to power the navigation of people, packages, and vehicles everywhere. More than 3.9 million registered developers have chosen Mapbox because of the platform’s flexibility, security, and privacy compliance. Organizations use Mapbox applications, data, SDKs, and APIs to create customized and immersive experiences that delight their customers.
What You'll Do
We are seeking a talented and highly motivated Prompt Engineer to join our AI Navigation team. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in developing and refining the AI-powered prompts and interactions for our AI-powered navigation assistant, designed to provide drivers with an unparalleled in-vehicle experience. You will work closely with cross-functional teams, including engineering, product, and design, to create and optimize the AI-driven interactions that will set Mapbox Navigation apart from other automotive AI solutions.
Come join our innovative team as a Prompt Engineer and help shape the future of automotive AI solutions and navigation use cases creating a safer, more connected, and personalized driving experience.
- Collaborate with the engineering, product, and design teams to develop and refine prompts and interactions for AI-powered navigation assistants.
- Design and implement prompt templates and dialogue flows that enable natural, context-aware, and personalized interactions between users and AI assistants.
- Conduct user testing and analyze user telemetry and feedback to continuously improve the quality, effectiveness, and safety of AI Navigation's AI-generated prompts
- Stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in NLP, AI, and automotive technology to ensure Mapbox Navigation remains on the cutting edge of in-vehicle AI solutions.
- Provide guidance on best practices to use OpenAI APIs, including competing services, to improve the overall experience.
- Assist with the integration of third-party apps and data sources to enhance AI Navigation's context awareness and functionality.
- Work closely with the engineering team to ensure seamless integration of the AI assistant into the overall navigation system.
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Data Science, or a related field, with a focus on AI, NLP, or human-computer interaction (HCI) preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in designing and implementing prompt-driven AI interactions, with a strong understanding of user-centered design principles.
- Strong programming skills in Python, ideally with experience in AI/NLP libraries such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, or HuggingFace Transformers.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams and communicate complex ideas to non-experts.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt to new challenges quickly.
- A passion for innovation and a keen interest in automotive technology and the future of AI in the automotive industry.
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to safety, ensuring that AI Navigation's AI-driven interactions promote safe driving practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you have received the Mapbox Non-US Privacy Notice for applicants, which is linked here. Completing this application requires you to provide personal data, such as your name and contact information, which is mandatory for Mapbox to process your application.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity