We are an innovative startup company at the forefront of the AI transformation under way. Our mission is to create a world where enterprise knowledge workers can harness the power of AI with no-code workflows, all within a safe and secure platform. We believe the power of the newest AI models, generative AI, and large language models connected to workers' existing company knowledge base will have a radical impact on knowledge workers' productivity and will raise the floor for all workers. Positioned at the forefront of a major technical revolution, we are on track to be one of the great companies in the AI industry. Join us on this exciting journey and make a lasting impact on the future of AI technology.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, entrepreneurial, and demonstrated team-player. You'll be an early engineer at a high growth startup, with a chance to play a significant role in building and bringing a new generative AI product to market. You should excel in working with large-scale applications and frameworks and have outstanding communication and leadership skills.
- Develop and maintain our generative AI platform, ensuring high performance and responsiveness
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Write clean, maintainable, and high performance code, adhering to best practices
- Participate in code and design reviews to maintain code quality
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in our development, test, and production environments
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or related field)
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering
- Strong familiarity with backend technologies including Typescript/node.js or Python
- Strong familiarity with MySQL equivalent databases
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and ramp up quickly with minimal guidance
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a strong desire to learn and grow
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in a dynamic team environment
- Experience with Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
- Onsite in Venice CA (for now - may extend to remote in the future)
- Familiarity with generative AI technologies including use of genAI model APIs (e.g. GPT-4, PaLM), embeddings, vector databases, langchain, etc
- Full stack experience and familiarity with the suite of end-to-end tools
- Experience developing no-code platforms and workflows
- Knowledge of enterprise security best practices
- Experience with Enterprise SaaS software
- Experience with Vercel and Render hosting platforms (optional)
- Experience with other languages like Python
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and equity package
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance
- Unlimited vacation and paid time off policies
- A flexible and dynamic work environment with opportunities for occasional remote work
- The opportunity to work alongside a talented team of engineers and innovators
- A chance to be part of a groundbreaking company shaping the future of generative AI
- Start-up and entrepreneurial mindset: High-energy, passionate, and willing to put in a bit of extra energy to ensure we succeed, but mindful of work-life balance, protecting weekends, and accommodating personal obligations. Full belief in the multi-billion dollar market opportunity in front of us.
- Strong ownership culture: Complete ownership of core areas of responsibility, but also welcoming ideas and contributions from everyone. Everyone acts like product owners and contributes where they can provide value.
- Fast-paced and action-oriented: Focus on high velocity, minimal processes, and utilizing existing solutions to maximize product development and minimize maintenance overhead. Focused on outcomes over hours. We work smarter, not harder.
- Empathy, open-mindedness, and constructive feedback: Respect diverse working styles, encourage data-informed decisions, and build understanding and trust through direct conflict resolution
- Reflective thinking and effectiveness: Balance thoughtful planning and discipline with action, prioritize finding solutions that meet customer needs over being right
- Collaboration and support: Foster an environment where employees can work together, rely on each other, and support one another through challenges
If you are a passionate and talented software engineer looking to make a meaningful impact in the generative AI space, we would love to hear from you. Apply now and join our team of visionaries in creating the next unicorn company in the AI industry.